Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Next year the tomatoes are going to the left of the newly planted row on the left, and I will plant one more row of straw berries where the tomatoes are on the right.
I what I call graze when I am out in my garden, I can spend half an hour eating stuff available, I really like straw berries, blue berries, raspberries, and grapes, I also like Sungold cherry tomatoes.
I will continue to grow Romaine Lettuce, and if I grow cucumbers again it will be on the side of the garden where the vines are not in the garden, I might try beans one more time as what I got this time was good, but I really didn't get that many.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:56 am

Well my neighbors house was burning down, I was not feeling good at all and was sitting on the couch trying to decide what to do as I have work that needs to be done, I heard so popping so I looked out the window, the sound I heard was stuff exploding inside the guys house, it blew the windows out.
So I went outside and a couple neighbors were looking at it and I said something about trying to put it out and I started for his house to grab the hose and turn it on, Kevin said there was stuff exploding in there and he said he could hear the fire engine coming, I looked to the left and seen the fire engine come into sight so I stopped.
It was terrible. flames were leaping out of the broken windows and smoke was coming out of every vent in the house, it had made it to the attic, the broken windows were on the 2nd floor.
I took the fire fighters for ever to start putting water in it, when they had most the flames under control they went to the front door and started trying to open it, the fire fighters spent a lot of time trying to get that door open with some tools without luck, I mentioned to Kevin that the doors are not that good and they should just kick it in, finally another fire fighter went up to the door and by the second kick he was in, well they put it out but I suspect it is a total loss.
The fire fighters just now left 3 hours later.
After the fire was put out I got to thinking about the ceiling fan/light in my dining room and about how one of the three lights it has is always flickering and making this weird noise that sounds like electricity arcing, it has been doing this for quite a while now, I took all the bulbs out and started investigating what the issue is, as hard as I tried I could not figure out exactly where the noise was coming from, so I removed everything from the lower section(bulbs and the glass pieces that surround the bulb), and then I removed that and let it hang by the wires and I stuck a bulb in the offending light outlet, I turned the light switch on and it flickered away, it appeared to be the actual socket that was making the arcing sound.
I had another ceiling fan so I got it out and removed the section with the light sockets and used one of them sockets to replace the bad one in my light assembly, all is well now, it would have been awful if my house burned down because of that stupid light that sometimes I accidentally leave on when I leave my house, makes one think about stuff when one is watching the neighbors house burn.

“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Yup, looks like you're getting a brand new house next door.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:55 pm

I don't know if the guy has the money to build a new house, but the guy has a lot of stuff, way more than me I think, I do not think the back rooms burned but I have not went into his back yard too see, I am just not the curious type when it comes to things like that, my neighbor Kevin said he had insurance.

Unless water destroyed the lower level which I seen no water in the garage, maybe all it needs is new walls over the garage where the windows are and a new roof/trusses the length of the house, the back and east end of the second level do not seem to be involved except for the attic area, there was a lot of smoke coming out of the vents, there are a lot of vents in that house, smoke was coming out everywhere.

I was so depressed about this happening to the guy that I didn't even think about taking photos, there were 6 fire engines and there was no way to even move around in a vehicle, one of my neighbors asked me to move my truck/trailer so he could take his kid to soccer practice, so I moved it in the driveway, by that time all but the fire engine in front of the house were gone, there were several fire dept SUVs out in the main road also, nothing was moving within a block of the house, when the owner got there he had to walk around 6 blocks to get to his house.

I looked at the Ray(owner of the house) and said I was depressed about this happening to him, he said why are you depressed, it's my house and I am not depressed, Ray thinks he may have left a spacer heater on.

The fire hydrant was around 3 houses away.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:04 am

Well I have not felt very good lately, a week ago I would have said I was in hell.
Anyway I have had this throat issue for a very long time off and on(3+ years), well it came to a climax a few weeks ago, about the same time I cut that box cover for the 520 ute, well when I cut that fiberglass cover(keep in mind that I have cut up lots of fiberglass stuff in the past), I didn't wear a mask, I had masks but all the straps were broken on them and I tried to make something up that would work but it didn't work out, I had done stuff like this before without a mask, so I went at it.
So 4 days after cutting the cover I went to the doctor about my throat(sept 17th, urgent care section), I was coughing pretty bad, the doctor gave me a "post nasal drip" medicine, my blood pressure was normal, no temp, and my oxygen saturation was 100%, I went home and for the next week I coughed and coughed and coughed, my lungs hurt something terrible(I thought) from the coughing, in this week I bought a cord of wood, loaded it, unloaded it, and moved it to my shed in the back yard, I did a couple small jobs also, I started feeling really bad and went back to the doctor(sept 24th, urgent care section), I went into the urgent care office(there was no line but a lot of people were waiting), I went up to the desk and said I was here last week and I was not any better and I said I needed help, about the same time I looked around and a lot of people were staring at me including both receptionists/nurses, they put that oxygen thing on my finger and the gal asked for my Kaiser number and my co-pay, by this time I had a lot of concerned looking Kaiser workers around me, I didn't realize it but I was soaking my shirt in sweat right in front of them, before I could even get my wallet back in my pocket they were leading me into the back area to see a doctor, my blood pressure was 103ish over 60, I had no temp(98.7 as I recall), and my heart rate was 128 beats per minute, my oxygen saturation was 89%, they loaded me in an ambulance and took me to the emergency room at the Legacy Hospital, the whole time between paying my co-pay and getting in the ambulance they kept asking if I felt tired and something about my lungs not functioning properly.
After I got to the hospital they took a-rays of my lungs and I complained about my throat issue, a little while later they came in and said I had pneumonia, they gave me antibiotics and a acid re-flux medication, they discharged me a couple hours later and paid for my taxi to get back to the Kaiser clinic where my truck was parked.
The next week was hell, I was coughing out a brown/red liquid(blood) 2 and a half days, I did a small job Friday morning/afternoon(sept 27), after I got back home instead of coughing out liquid I started coughing out brown chunks that I could actually pick up with my fingers, they had volume/texture to them, keep on mind that I still don't feel any better than I did when I went in to the hospital.
Last night was the first good night sleep I have had in a while, I felt a little better yesterday afternoon(felt terrible that morning), I feel way better today, my throat is also a little better and I am finally starting to get my voice back, my hearing loss has not come back yet.
At one point I wasn't sure I was going to survive this, I have coughed more in the last 3 weeks than I have the the rest of my life combined, Thursday night(setp 27th) I dreamed I was coughing and could not stop, I woke up and realized I was not dreaming, I could not stop coughing.

Now that I am feeling better I searched "can fiberglass dust give you pneumonia", well it appears it can, it's called "chemical pneumonia" and I likely caused that part of this myself, they took x-rays of my lungs Monday and the results are I have clear lungs now, as for my throat only time will tell if that was caused by acid re-flux, my throat still is not well but it is better.

Believe it or not this is just a tiny piece of this story of all the crap I have went thru since having my heart attack, short story is Statins can cause serious side effects, and so can blood pressure medicines which I was on both and the doctor I had knew the issues/side effects and didn't tell me to stop taking them, I had to figure it out myself, I consider him a witch doctor now and will not see him again, I am hoping the doctor I seen a couple days ago will see me again as my regular doctor

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:09 pm

:shock: Geez, man! Take care of yourself. :shock:
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 pm

I eat better than I have my whole life and have for the last 2 decades, I likely have not ate at a fast food place more than 10 times in the last ten years, but that Statin I was on for around 10 months changed my life forever, it destroyed the cartilage in my joints, especially my knees, I cannot do the jobs or exercise(take long walks) like I used to, I can ride my bike, but not like I used to, I get worn down fast because I don't exercise/work much anymore because of the joint pain, but this is not the whole story, the blood pressure medicine also caused me joint pain, and I took that for 3 and a half years, that doctor I had wasn't much of a doctor, he is a drug pusher, I lost all respect for that doctor after I quit taking that blood pressure medicine and realized that also caused me joint pain.
I searched the side effects of both medicines when I started having joint pain back in June of 2016, neither had joint pain as a side effect, both now have it as a side effect, and both meds are top 10 for side effects, but I suspect they made the top 10 because they are likely the most prescribed meds in this country.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Yeah definitely take care of yourself. Only you know what your body should feel like. I take blood pressure meds and a statin but I don’t have those side effects you described. Obviously I got lucky.

I hope you return to good health soon man.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:42 pm

I used a general description for the medicines they had me on, the Statin was Atorvastatin(generic Lipitor), it's number 2 on the top ten meds for side effects, that shit is nasty(at least for me), I was walking around for 10 months thinking I was going to die soon also, I bought a grave plot and had my moms ashes put in my plot with a headstone, I also had a headstone made for me, when I quit taking that statin I realized I wasn't going to die, it had a psychological effect on me also, the blood pressure med they had me on is called Carvedilol(generic Coreg), it did nothing but cause me joint pain and possibly post nasal drip, that is still to be figured out, it is number 10 on the list.
I asked that doctor if these meds could be causing my issues, he said nothing which in my eyes is a crime.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 pm

I think a lot of us over 30 have similar stories about repeat doctor visits where they basically just guessed and maybe eventually got it right. One of the few professions where you can get away with that and still get paid. I always had to fix it right the first time in every job I ever had.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:13 am

I agree. Doctors and weathermen.

Luckily I don’t take either of those.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:16 pm

I have not been doing much lately, I went to the doctor to have my hearing loss issue checked and she said my ears were plugged with wax, well that is a first for me, a male nurse used warm water and cleaned both ears out, he got some really big chunks out, but it didn't improve my hearing at all, I have another doctor appointment next Friday, I will talk to him about making another hearing appointment if things don't improve, they cleaned out my ears Friday afternoon.
I ordered a couple Sureflo 100psi sprayer pumps last week and fixed my sprayer with one if them, it appears to work better than it ever has before, I believe I have a roof to spray next week.
I removed all my Tomato plants today but still have lettuce so I cannot plant the last row of strawberries where I want them yet as that is where the lettuce is.
I brought another cord of wood(cherry) home a couple days ago, it has been drying since summer in a customers yard, I mowed her lawn for the wood, she has a big back yard, it took me over an hour to mow it, she offered me $50.00 for mowing it but I said I mowed the yard for the wood, she normally pays $70.00 to have it mowed, seems kinda expensive, but the last time I mowed a lawn for money was in the 60s.
I am supposed to bring home another cord of fir tomorrow, the guy I am buying it from is a little strange, but I am only paying $125.00 a cord loaded by me, so I can deal with it, it is already dry and can be burned, but I have to hand truck every piece out of where it is, it took me a couple hours to load a cord when I was sick, it should not take as long this time if he is going to be home.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:35 pm

I have picked up 3 loads of firewood over the last month, all 3 loads looked like this in the attached photo, it is already seasoned(can be burned now), and it is not that expensive, but the guy is a control freak, I have to call when I plan to come over(normal), but I also have to call before I park in his driveway, today I almost bailed because of his controlling nature.

I have around 4 cord of burnable wood now, that is what I normally use every winter, and I am running out of dry places to put it, I would like more at the price I am getting it but need to figure out where to put it, I suspect everyone else doesn't want to deal with him and that is why it is so cheap.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:55 pm

I pulled my Mini out of storage mode a few days ago.

I am thinking about selling it, I spent Sunday morning trying to figure out why the remote door locks quit working, I searched Mini remote door lock wiring and finally found something that had the same color wires as mine does, after taking the right side door card off and putting it back on which was a waste of time except for learning the color of all the wires, I found the remote box and all appeared good, I could not see anything past it, I finally stuck my arm into the glove box door to see if I could feel any wires coming off that box on the back side which involved sticking my arm half way across the car behind the dash I found a loose red wire, I had found a two into one plug earlier that had only one wire in it, I tested the wire and it was hot all the time, I pulled on the red wire and pulled the plug towards it and it barely reached, I suspect that is why it came unplugged, anyway I tried the remote after plugging in that wire and it still didn't work, but earlier I also found a black wire hanging out from under the dash, so I guessed that it likely was a ground but I could see nothing close to ground it to, so I loosened a screw on the side of the heater box, put a electrical connection on the end of the wire and put it under the screw and tightened it down, the remote door locks started working.
Wednesday I am taking it to an auto detailer/cleaner to have it cleaned inside and out, and then I need to decide if I should remove the engine to seal it up as it is leaking oil on the bottom of the block, or if I should just sell it for less and let the new owner deal with that.
It drives great, just like a 2 stroke motorcycle, but it is loud.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:34 am

I'm thinking the fresh detail will return the most $$$ -- people love shiny stuff. Unless it leaves puddles on the ground, I'd probably leave the engine for the next guy. Probably a safe assumption that someone looking to buy one of those is a tinkerer anyway and expecting little things like that. I guess you could always offer to reseal it for additional cost above the asking price if it comes down to a make or break deal.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am

Yea it is leaving puddles, and the longer it has sat the worse it has got.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:38 pm

It looks better than it has in a long time.

And all of a sudden it has a major oil leak, and it only seems to only leak when I turn the engine off, then it drips like an oil line broke till the line is empty, but I don't have an oil gauge/line, I am going to have to lift it up and see where the oil is coming from, these cars sit really low.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:45 pm

Looks good Wayno. You’ll have the leak fixed in no time.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:55 pm

That puddle happened in the first few minutes after I shut the engine down, it hardly drips at all when it is running.
I have a job tomorrow so I will not likely work on it till the evening, or I might wait till it warms up a little, it did get 53 degrees today but I was working as I would rather work when it is dry outside, cold rain sucks.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm

So far I have had no trick or treat kids this year, I have never seen a year with no kids before, there has always been at least a couple groups of kids that live on my street, now I am going to have to eat this candy myself, at least I buy candy I will eat but that is way too much candy.