Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Re: Laecaons New Place!

Post by Laecaon » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Taterhead wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:38 am
Nice!!

Hey a tip from the experienced, round off the corner of that angle iron if you plan on leaving it there. The skin on your hip will thank you.

Edit: looking at it again and it seems even with the table top. It may be ok for you.
I have thought about it. Might do it. Yes it is even with the top, but it is still a protrusion currently. Its also still unfinished. I am thinking of how I want to finish the front, probably just cut up a 2x6 to fill the gaps.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:42 am

Did some stuff to the Lathe. I had to moved it (so glad I put it on wheels), for my yearly backflow test (I dont understand why I even have one). It had made quite a mess. So I am attempting to fix that.

Had some left over wood, a nice piece of pine that was 12" by 96", perfect! Started as a metal project with adding more metal to the base to support this shelf. Then cut out the wood, it was actually a bit complicated, routed out 3 channels in the wood because the steel isnt all welded in on the same plane.

And then I added a piece of wood to the back to help make it so chips dont fall down the backside. This will have more added to it later.

Attached with hinges, and then a bracket I spent too much time on shaping aluminum square. Might need to beef up the hinges, but these where what I had on hand.

Next up, I cleaned up my work bench. Im really bad about making any surface a place for storage. So this was a nice feeling.

So then naturally I started another project, to hook up another LED light in the garage, so I took some of the wires that came with the kit I had bought, and spliced them together.

The light was for the storage area under the stair case. I dont like the wire, but I couldnt figure out a better solution.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:15 am

Organization always takes me longer than I think it should and keeping surfaces clear is a major problem. Feels good to get that stuff done.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:35 am

I'm horrible about covering horizontal surfaces too. You've done a good job making a useful workspace out of not much...space.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.