Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:44 am

Wow, you had to go back a ways in this thread to know some of this info you have commented on Blue.

I went thru one screw engagement part because it went dry years ago, I found one on ebay(likely one of my earliest purchases on ebay) and I have kept my eye on it since, it doesn't need grease very often, I think the hardest part on my door was not having that one roller at the same height as the roller on the other side, it was binding up the door and wasting the same 2 rollers, it was also making a binding noise I didn't notice till I fixed it and it was gone, it is much quieter now, everything was getting screwed up because of that wrongfully mounted roller and being torqued into a weird shape, screws were being pulled out of the walls/ceiling to accommodate the flexing of the door because of that wrongfully mounted roller.
I didn't know there was an approved grease, it's kinda late for that now.

I figured out a very long time ago(40 years ago) to not let my mouth dry out, I get cavities when my mouth gets dry all the time, I have not had a cavity in 20/30 years(I sleep with my mouth closed also), so I cannot even remember to breath thru my mouth even when I want to because it is now written in my subconscious to keep my mouth closed, it is really a strange feeling for me to have a dry mouth, I can't even swallow when it is dry, when I am not talking my mouth is closed.
I tried rain-X but it doesn't work very well, it's a good thing I don't weld a lot, I have been using a paper towel lately and removing my helmet a lot to dry out the glass on the inside of the helmet, I found if I push the helmet down against my nose pretty hard the condensation is forced down and the glass stays clear longer or I just hold my breath, that works the best.
I wonder if a paper mask would stop it from fogging up(just thought if that).
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Some person named Michelle De Roma texted me and says she is donating $640,000 of her lotto winnings to me, she told me to respond to this email address below.

[email protected]

I searched the name and email address, there is someone with that name that won the lottery, but the email address comes up with nothing, I expect this is a scam, I thought about replying to that email address suggesting she come to Vancouver and we could have the news people show her handing me the check, that's news isn't it, but again I suspect it is a scam and she would never take me up on the offer.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Definitely a scam. No one gives free money.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:31 pm

I stopped by Bob's Paint Land after my job today(cleaned out gutters/repaired roof), I asked them about the paint they put in the paint can I bought from them to paint the sills/rockers in my Mini, that paint went on so nice and smooth and sort of glossy, I asked if I could buy a gallon of it and use it in my paint gun, it turns out that them cans have reducer/hardener in them, so he figured it out and it is cheaper to just to have them make up 20 separate one time use cans than it is to buy a gallon and have it put into 20 one time use cans, I am not sure how that works.
He finally took me out and started pointing out what I would need to use my paint gun, but in the end it might be my paint gun that is the issue, that rattle can paint they made went on better than any paint I have ever used.

I have a question, will undercoat stick to clear silicone, or does one have to use paintable silicone?

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 am

I would suspect you’re going to have a hard time getting anything to stick to silicone. I know they make paintable caulk and stuff like that, but I don’t think that’s the same as what you’re talking about.

And I’m sure you already know this, but don’t click any stupid links or emails like that. That is something that me and my wife have continued to try to explain to my father-in-law who just got the Internet a couple weeks ago.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am

All that info I searched came from a text on my phone, yes I looked at the text but I never would actually open anything sent as a link or actually respond to that email address or that phone text, I just searched the name and the email address info in that text to see if anyone else had got the same message/text, that text I got on my phone didn't even show the phone number it came from as that is what I would normally search, especially if they keep calling like some telemarketers do after I have asked them to remove me from their list.
There is a difference in responding to an email or opening a link and searching that email address or searching what the link is, lots of others have responded to them links/emails and then told their story about the results for the rest of us to learn from.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:20 am

I have not really slept much since 2/1/20, I started Rosuvastatin on 1/27/20, I slept fine before, now I lay in bed all night and I see it getting light outside before finally falling asleep for a couple hours, I have been up all night without sleep twice and this may be my third time, I quit taking it 2/8/20(a week ago) and on 2/11/20 I actually slept 11 hours and thought I was over the issue, but I went right back to not being able to sleep again, I have not taken the statin for a week and I still am up most the night except for that one 11 hour sleep, I am talking about getting less than 20 hours sleep a week, normally I get over 60 hours sleep a week, what is weird is I am not sleepy at all, it seems like I should be getting only 2 or 3 hours of sleep for the last 4 nights.
I have not yet told that doctor I quit taking it, this Statin caused all my muscles to hurt at the same time, it also caused certain damaged joints to hurt pretty bad also, but this sleep issue is why I quit taking it, I just don't see normal people existing on a couple hours of sleep a night and surviving for the long term, my blood pressure right now is 148/91, this is kinda high for me as normally it is 113/75 or sometimes 60 something, I am going to try to go to sleep now.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:41 am

Good luck. Hopefully it's just medication related and you can work through it and find the right dosage. My dad is pretty sensitive to blood pressure meds and it took him a while to get it dialed.
I normally sleep 6-7 hours a night. But about every 3 months I get in a random insomnia rut for about a week. I'm 3 days into one now. Slept 4 hours Wednesday and Thursday and only 2 last night. I've never been one that was able to nap though, even if I'm exhausted. Hopefully only another couple days and my brain and body will finally submit. Then I'll be fine for a couple months.
I think this episode is primarily due to my screwed up neck and back. Secondarily, all that awake time allows me to over think life stuff.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:42 am

I have never had any sleep issue like this in my life, I seen 158/98 at 9:30 when I got out of bed, I got an 1.5hrs sleep, until an hour ago I thought it was Sunday, I have an appointment at 2:15 at an urgent care clinic, right now it is 134/86 at 67bpm heart rate, my blood pressure is slowly dropping.
I have nothing to do but think all night, I am hoping I am not screwed up forever, I am sure that don't help my blood pressure.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Well by the time I got into see the doctor my BP was 130/86, pulse was 73, they gave me something to try to help me sleep, it's basically Benadryl but slightly stronger, I hope it works.
Right now I am at 125/74 pulse 74, I started feeling better as the day went on, I felt bad when I got up.

I am used to getting 9 hours of sleep every night, I wake up and roll over all the time but at least I go right back to sleep so I get some rest, this no sleep thing is scary, the way I think is what if I just pass out and wake up hurt, or worse pass out behind the wheel without warning and kill someone and not kill myself in the process, I need to sleep.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:46 pm

My BP is 119/74, I slept almost 12hrs last night, when I went to bed I thought nothing had changed as I was laying there awake breathing in and out, in and out, that is what I think about just laying there trying to go to sleep, in and out, in and out, all night long, but I fell asleep and woke up a few hours later and looked at the clock, rolled over and I was out again, I went to bed at 10pm and almost made it 10am, I feel better, I actually felt like stretching my muscles, that has not happened for a while.

I worked on the 521 kingcab today.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:18 pm

I got this for free today, I loaded my truck and 2 other smaller truck boxes and then we dumped it in my driveway and went back and got what they wanted(metal table, huge tow type cherry picker, and a bunch of smaller metal stuff) and I took it to that guys house, then I came home and used the wheel barrow to get it to the back yard and stack it, I figure it is around a cord and a half, this wood is dry and can be burned now.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:11 am

It is snowing outside but the flakes are not big enough to get a good photo of and it is not sticking.
Here is a photo, the little white lines are the snow flakes.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:08 pm

I wish it would snow more here. It has rained an extremely copious amount so far this year. We have already hit the yearly average of 56 inches of rain and it is only March.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Wow, 56"+ of rain, we average 42" of rain a year where I live and we are behind where we are supposed to be right now.
The weather has changed over the last 5/6 years around here, it starts raining earlier(Sept.), and we never know what is going to happen in the spring anymore, when I was a kid it got sunny in May and I would look out the window in class and wish I was outside, it now sometimes rains till almost August, and then the furnace gets turned on and every day is over 90 degrees for long stretches, the year before last I think we had 30 something days over 90 degrees, that was a record, year before was the same except the record was 29 days over 90 degrees.
I believe we are now seeing the results of 250 years of industry polluting the earth unchecked.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 am

And I thought the snow coming down yesterday was weird.

There is likely a couple inches out there on the truck hood, it was 60 degrees just a few days ago.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:14 am

Yeah, weather here has been crazy too. We average 53 to 56 inches of rain a year and we have already hit that mark. This is Buck creek that is about 2 1/2 blocks from my house, 2 weeks ago. The small roof you see is a pump house that is about 5 feet tall and 5 feet from the creek usually. Image

It was either last year or the summer before last that we had a drought with somewhere between 50 and 60 days of no rain. This past Christmas day I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt as it was 80°. Weather‘s been acting crazy lately, and I think you’re exactly right with the uncontrolled pollution.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:11 pm

So, what I did for the last two days is put my extra pressure washer engine in my tractor because I could not get that engine to start, it ran last year but there was no spark and I tried a lot of things, I even smoked a coil trying another one, that engine was wired weird, I gave up.
I likely had that engine in and out of the tractor 50 times or more, the only reason I did it was because the shafts were almost the same, mine was maybe a half inch shorter, I made 3 different engine cradles till I had one that worked with everything, basically I had to get the shaft in the same position the other one, well I did it.
I put the engine on with it existing fuel tank and drove it out of the covered area, I plan to take that one off and use the original tank if possible, I want to put the front and hood back on the tractor so it looks like a tractor again.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm

I got the hood on with that tank, but the tank was raised 2 inches because of vapor locking, now it is back to stock height again and it may start vapor locking again, if that is the case I will figure something out when it starts again, maybe put a "Y" near the carb with a restriction and have a return line, but that will require a fuel pump, right now it is gravity feed.
I raised the grill assembly about an inch and a half(you cannot really tell), this is the reason it worked out, the tank sides are rubbing on both sides of the inside of the hood, I still have not installed the brace between the firewall and the grill assembly, that brace goes right over the top of the gas tank fill hole, I am going to half to make a metal circle or square that goes around the fill hole and cut that brace out so I can put fuel in it, oh and the gas cap rubs on the underside of the hood also, I will work on it more tomorrow.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm

I forgot to mention that I bid on a used Fireball XR3000 and won it, I got it for $20.00 plus tax.
I bought it in case the one in my 1963 Datsun 320 kingcab in case that one wired positive ground gives up, it is a complete kit.
They did cut the wires going from the distributor to the unit, but I can fix that, I don't recall seeing that wire cut in the auction, new these kits go for over a $100.00 so I think I got a deal.