Around Waynos house

DRIVEN

Re: Waynos roof replacement

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:41 pm

No such thing as weekends at Wayno's house?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Looks great Wayne!
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:31 pm

DRIVEN » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:No such thing as weekends at Wayno's house?

It had to be done, had a leak this spring. :cry:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:23 pm

It's basically done.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

BLUE
Cars: (3) s30's , (2) s130's

Post by BLUE » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Looks great Wayno !!!

DRIVEN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:24 am wrote:
1. Make progress until broke.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm

So I have a pond in front of my house, it has been leaking for a while now, so I bought a pool and set it up in the backyard for the fish, transferred them and took down the front pond for repair.
This is what it looked like a long time ago before I started changing things.
Everything removed with the front wal moved to the right about 3 feet.
Here is what the water tower looked like, I am rebuilding it.
Here is the top, and I cut every one of the shingles.
I will get photos of the new pond shape, it might be slightly smaller, but it will be easier to put the liner in it this time, and the liner is going to cost me almost $500.00, I plan on spending a little more time on the scenery this time, make the buildings look better this time.

510freak
Global Moderator

Post by 510freak » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:47 pm

too cool water wheel and all wayno!
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Nice work wayno! I'd love to have a pond... But my dog would be in it year round. The liner would be toast. :|

That and I'd have to maintain it.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:01 pm

OK, so this is what it looked like this morning.
I made some braces to keep the wall from moving sideways or tilting.
Then I will pound these stakes into the ground just in back of all the braces to keep them in position, and then I will fill it all in with pea gravel, I plan to cover these braces.
This liner for the pond cost me $470.25, and that was the cheapest place, the other place wanted $840.00 plus tax, I almost went and bought some plastic from Home Depot again, but I bought it and am hoping that it might last longer than 3 years like the plastic.
I still have a lot to do, more plans, I want it to look nice, so I am going to put some time into it this time.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:54 pm

OK, I took off all the braces I had put on and re-did them, I wanted them all at the same height because I might make a water plant channel on the back, so I put a stick the full length where the said channel would be, then put the braces in position again, I think it turned out nice.
I then started adding roofing felt to the edges of things, so there will be no sharp edges.
In this area, I made an upright on the right, this is for a possible barrier to control the upper water level, I have not decided yet if I am going to do it, but I wanted it there in case I do want to have an upper and lower pond like I have always had.
I plan on covering the whole thing with roofing felt, one roll will do it all($30.00), while the pond liner materials/buffers were at least twice as much, I have been using plastic all these years, so this is like a better version of a cheap job, I am sure it will be fine.
I also put several coats of superdeck on the new water tower roof, now I need to clean up the rest of it.
It was rotten with a lot of moss on it, so it was time to re-roof it also. :lol:

510freak
Global Moderator

Post by 510freak » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:26 am

Coming along nicely wayno,the roof for the tower came out really good

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

I put the liner in today, I filled it half full of water, I will let it rain over the next couple days and see if it fills it a little more so that I don't have to pay for the water, I would use the water from the roof like I was doing before, but I am worried that this new roofing material might have something bad in it, so I will wait for a couple years before doing that again.
Somehow I ended up with way to much liner, so I kinda think I might have gave them the wrong dimensions, that was an expensive mistake, but I have some plans for the extra material, so it might have worked out.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Yesterday the pond looked like this, about half full.
Today it looks like this, about 3/4 full, it's been raining a little today. :lol:

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm

I am building a small building for the pond, it's kinda a theme, water wheel, water tower, and a building resembling a mill or something like one, it's actually made to house a bio-filter like the water tower holds a bio-filter, I made this one tall, I am hoping that the water coming out of the bio-filter can be used to turn the water wheel.
I have to make a roof for it, I will make it the same way as the water tower roof, one shingle at a time, except square, not round, I also need to make the building look like an actual mill, with doors and windows, I have not decided if it will be a 3 story or 2 story theme, 2 stories will be easier, only one set of stairs on the outside to be made.
I already have over 8 hours into this building, it took a long time to staple each one of them boards to it, 52 strips of wood on each side, each one had to be cut to fit, I bought the strips at HD, I just didn't want to cut each one out of 2X4s like I did the water tower, and the roof shingles.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Trying to do something everyday, working on the roof for the building tonight, making progress.
One shingle at a time, and no I didn't use felt paper, I am going to let it breath. :lol:
I am forging ahead, even though I still am not sure how I am going to finish it. :)

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:18 am

Looks like a bunch of progress to me.

Do things slow down seasonally for pressure washing or is it pretty steady year-round?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Yes it does slow down, it starts with the rain, after everyone calls me about their gutters overflowing, then it kinda dies off to maybe one or two jobs a week, I like it that way, I hate working when it is below 40 degrees.
I guess I do more than pressure washing though, I clean gutters and treat roofs for moss, that is what I am doing today, but ran out of treatment, so had to come home to get more, decided to eat a snack and log on here for a few, but have two more treatments to do before my day is done.
DRIVEN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:18 am wrote:Looks like a bunch of progress to me.

Do things slow down seasonally for pressure washing or is it pretty steady year-round?

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:29 pm

I got more done today, finished the roof for the mill.
Then I set it on the top and finished the siding to the top, it is not actually connected to the bottom, but when removing it, I will need to be careful.
Here it is, looks like an outhouse. :lol:
And the roof :)
So when I put little window frames and little doors with stair cases, then it will look like a building that is made for little people, and not an outhouse. :lol:

510freak
Global Moderator

Post by 510freak » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Nice job wayno!

lol outhouse :lol:

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:42 pm

I still have to spray it with superdeck(wood sealer), the lower part already has one coat, but the top has none right now.
I made it this big because I am going to put a bio-filter in it(I use a garbage can), I will place it as high as I can get it, the water that exits the bio-filter is what I want to use to turn the water wheel, and the water wheel is big.
See the little building next to the water wheel, that is what I am replacing with the new big building, see that white PVC pipe that pours water into the bottom half of juice bottles on the water wheel, I am hoping to make something to get rid of the juice bottles, that water will come out of the bio-filter now instead of me just piping water up to it in the PVC pipe.