jtinluvr
Cars: 66' SPL311
72' 521
72' B110

Re: No more Canby :(

Post by jtinluvr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 am

I went both days. Here are some pics.

This was Saturday

It was almost like 2 different meets (I wouldn’t exactly call this a show) as only about 1/3 the cars attended both days. As Wayno said, the venue was nice. There were a couple really nicely done KA-E swaps in dimes. There was a turbo one on Saturday that looked almost good enough to be called factory. There were also a gaggle of 1200 sedans on Saturday. Hopefully this catches on and improves into an actual show but not a bad start.

Indy510

Post by Indy510 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:47 am

wayno wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Saturday I was told there were slightly over 60 Datsuns, today I was told it was closer to 70 Datsuns
I'm suprised it did so well the first year, with basically no advertizing outside of Ratsun. It looked like the old school reunion had a few dozen Datsuns this weekend, but I wonder where the other 150 Datsuns that normally go to Canby were? Hopefully the word gets out more for next year.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 am

This was the first year, I think the turn out was great considering how this all went down.
I talked with Jaybird a few times about how the Canby show/meet was scheduled as he didn't really know, I only talked with him about this on Saturday because I wanted him to know what the Sunday groups had been used to in the past, he didn't know that Sunday was the show day at Canby.
We talked on Sunday he suggested that maybe next year there might be an awards show, he didn't know that folks paid to be in the awards part of the show/meet/get together at Canby.
There is room for a lot more people at the new show location, it would be so cool to fill that place up.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:23 pm

I missed it for a lot of reasons but would have liked to go. I'm cool with just keeping it an informal meet without judging.

At the pace I'm getting my wagon sorted, I'd be lucky to be there next year with a sign in it.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm

There were a few awards but I missed that part, I heard one of them was "farthest traveled" to get there, I think another good award would be "it's a miracle it made it to here award" or whatever they call it at other shows/meets.
I am fine with no awards myself as I never entered the Canby show myself although I did get an award for peoples choice in the corral when I towed the U320 there that first year I had it.
I just like talking to other Datsun owners, especially newbies.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am

I wanted to go, but free vacation sounded better. Does look like a good start. Hopefully I will have my car running for next year.