A14/15 Needed asap

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

A14/15 Needed asap

Post by izzo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Need an A14/15 motor asap.

If its A14 then ill need manifolds... Would take A12 even, long as it has manifolds.

Something seriously dicked on gf's car block. Need motor 5 mintues ago.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

DRIVEN

Re: A14/15 Needed asap

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:38 pm

I have no parts to offer and don't really want to jack the thread. Just curious, what happened?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

DRIVEN wrote:I have no parts to offer and don't really want to jack the thread. Just curious, what happened?

No worries, not a thread jack. Pretty sure someone helicoiled one of the head holes. Pulled a head bolt out and its lodged in the head and won't come out any further. tap/die/or even helicoil kits are retarded expensive around here, and nobody actually carries them in stock. So, to be sure I would have to pull the head. Render the car useless. As it is, it can still be driven short distance just have to keep an eye on the water level. Goes about a full week of work driving before it needs more.

I could possibly fix the threads, re-heli coil it. buuuut its kinda sketch going that route. Who knows if it will hold, who knows if the head is effed up with that being lodged on there and running up in the head. I just won't know till I pull it, and once I do... It's to late and I will probably need replacements anyways. I found one down in Eugene, heading down saturday afternoon to pick it up. Running A15, complete minus dizzy.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

levigideon
Cars: 72 510 Wagon

Post by levigideon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Is the one in Eugene from Jake? Was supposed to be a good motor. He's been trying to sell it for a while. If you want a spare, I've got a a15 in storage in Eugene. It ran smooth, but not much power. Low compression (about 80 across the board). Missing some parts, but theres a spare flywheel and some other stuff around too, if you need anything. It'd be a good candidate for a solid rebuild.

If you want it it's yours. Just let Zach know you're coming.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am

levigideon wrote:Is the one in Eugene from Jake? Was supposed to be a good motor. He's been trying to sell it for a while. If you want a spare, I've got a a15 in storage in Eugene. It ran smooth, but not much power. Low compression (about 80 across the board). Missing some parts, but theres a spare flywheel and some other stuff around too, if you need anything. It'd be a good candidate for a solid rebuild.

If you want it it's yours. Just let Zach know you're coming.

It could be? he lives on Wickham CT. That him? I found it on CL, ad was more than a month old. So off to Eugene Saturday.

I may take you up on the spare motor!
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

levigideon
Cars: 72 510 Wagon

Post by levigideon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:43 pm

yep, Jakes a cool kid. glad to see that engine find a home.

word, send zach a message on Fb about snagging that engine, hard to coordinate from where I'm at.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 am

levigideon wrote:yep, Jakes a cool kid. glad to see that engine find a home.

word, send zach a message on Fb about snagging that engine, hard to coordinate from where I'm at.

Sweet. Adam is going to grab the motor from Jake if its still good (he is pulling the head, as its been outside with no cover on the carb...) Adam is already there so it's saving me a trip to eugene, just have to goto hillsboro now. It would be cool if adam could grab the other one from Zach but I hate to push it and ask a bunch of favors/running around of adam. but, guess it couldn't hurt to ask eh?
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )