The new whip

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Re: The new whip

Post by flatcat19 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm looking for a set of tail lights if that helps you make a couple of bucks.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:37 am

Flat cat...

I don't plan on selling them.... I am getting my ADD under control :rofl:

Green truck, work truck. Red truck, daily whip. Butterscotch daily car/grocery getter.... Blue car, wives car. Can't get rid of that. Tho may let her start driving the butterscotch once one of these trucks are road worthy. I looked at the buckets again. One reverse light portion of the bucket has a piece missing where the socket screws into it. Not a big deal, I am good with what I have. If you happen to find a set of buckets tho I may be interested.

I will get these things going. Fear not, just going to take a little more time that I planned and hoped for. Honestly, the green truck even needing so much seems to run. Once I get the clutch shit fixed.... I think I just need to get brakes and shit done, then it should move and drive fine.. Obviously I will need to do lots of tweaking and shit here and there, but it's coming along.

Wayno, what do you mean if you shipped it you'd have to lie? I don't get that sorry...

I will take the weber tho!! I could use another carb, I will pull the accelerator pump off and put it on this carb, I will also replace the gasket/spring deal that goes inside. That is probably what made it not work correctly. There is a weird rubber gasket deal in there with a spring. If it rips or what not it won't work right. They are cheap enough I can swoop on one off carbs unlimited or what not. I've had to replace them before. Thanks Wayno

I should be coming thru your area on Friday. I will make plans to come by and get it that day. I have to take a friend to portland that day to check into out patient rehab.

Joe Yantis said he has some 4 speeds laying around he can't find a home for. I will be picking some of those up. IDK if the trans in this is good or not to be honest. It may be fine, just the fork has fallen off the throw out. IDK if the clutch is frozen or not..... I am going to pull the engine and transmission to do this. I hate benching them into place... Once I have the engine and transmission out I will pull the clutch off and replace the rear main seal while it's all apart, and check the condition of the clutch.

Pics and updates to come soon. Also maybe i can snag the b210 intake from you while I'm there.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:16 pm

I cannot honestly say that the carb don't have a flammable fluid in it, that is one of the first questions they ask when you tell them it is an auto part.
I double bagged the last rear pumpkin I shipped because I didn't want it setting off any alarms if the gear oil traces in it could be sensed by shippers, which they likely are capable of if they are looking.
I will PM you my phone number and address, all you need to do is call me and tell me what time you think you might be by and I will be sure to be here, or leave it where you can find it easily.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Ahhh ok. Lol... I am evil. I ship things all the time, greasy things... Carbs I will pull the top off and empty it out, then dry it out so it's not carrying anything liquid. Will do, though.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Sigh.....

Updates tonight, came across yet another hurdle
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:29 pm

So I pulled the engine and trans out to fix the clutch fork issue. Think I figured out why it was parked.

Here's the fun part.

Here's the fuck part.

I don't want to put a new clutch in it at this time. Right now I really need to get this thing moving and driving on its own, like 5 minutes ago.

Does anyone here have said parts? I need an L16 pressure plate, fork, and throw out collar/bearing. It would be nice if the fork had that little spring on the back, too. 510/521 clutches were the same IIRC. Someone should have these parts laying around from a new clutch install?

I will worry about buying new and replacing when the time comes.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:20 pm

All I have is forks with springy things, and flywheels, I do have some collars, but I doubt they are L16 collars.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:11 pm

That's pretty beat up.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Dude, jump on Rockauto. They have a clutch kit on closeout for $42.79 but it says only 1 left. Go now!
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:57 pm

^^^ I've been looking at clutches there, haven't seen one that price at all.... In any case, No money right now. Like I said, I can buy a clutch later. Right now I'm ok with used parts going it making it move on it's own.

There are some other things going on here at the homestead. Need to get this thing running/driving and able to move around. Need to get the blue car tabbed/licensed asap. Explanation later :rofl:
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:59 am

It's still listed.
NISSAN-> 1972-> 521 PICKUP-> 1.6L L4-> Transmission-Manual-> Clutch Kit

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:00 am

Ah I was under 1971
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:47 am

Big shout out to the community!

Wayno is hooking me up with the weber. I may install it wayno, and see what the deal is with it.. I may just pull the pump off and use it on this carb. If that one seems better and I can find the issue. I may just use it and this one for parts.
Teddy is hooking me up with new shoes for all 4 corners
Carlos in cali has some wheel cylinders. I think he said he has 3 or 4. That will get me almost all the way there.
Randy for hooking me up with a pressure plate and clutch disk. The pressure plate needs a quick cleaning to get the rust off. But at least it will be movable.
Joe Yantis is bringing me 2 4 speeds. Both with forks. So hopefully one is the right one.

I will then need another wheel cylinder. 3 soft brake lines (2 front one rear)
Um, master and slave cylinder
Master for the brakes
Throw out collar/bearing (jrock is looking into this, hey may have a whole clutch setup or two I can snag off him)

Possibly radiator
New radiator hoses and heater hoses.

Other random stuff

Finish cleaning ground wires
Install tail lights
Figure out why signals arent working
Bleed/adjust brakes
Figure out seating
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Not much to update at this time. Just been cleaning up the motor here and there. At a stand still until I get a clutch fork. Here's some pictures tho. I think I may pressure wash it too and give it some fresh paint, not positive yet. I am just happy I will be able to see where it leaks oil from once I get it installed :rofl:

Replacing the rear main before installing of course. The engine wasn't wet anywhere, just petrified grease... But it has sat for some years. I came across a few dollars. so i think I will just order a clutch, and get one with a whole new collar/bearing so I don't have to dick with pressing this one off and on.

Pics

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:26 am

It's out. Why would you not clean and paint it?

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:37 am

Lol. I have cleaned it up quite a bit. But IDK, kinda like the patina look of the engine. Says... I been thru some shit, a little worn but still going yo...

I have rust oleum gray primer in a can I may brush on there... Let sit, then hit it with a color. But what color.... Hmmmm.. I'm thinking that blue stuff. I can't remember the name of it... I'll have to find it at the store. It's kind of a blue flake see thru shit. IDK how it would hold up tho. Maybe not bad with the primer. Maybe the common blue everyone does.... Shit i don't know yet. Got a little time to figure out.

Any suggestions? Don't think I want to do a neon color.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Datsun blue?

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Pontiac Catalina blue is a really close second to original Datsun teal.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:26 pm

13077283_976464385755958_1608966921_n.jpg
test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:08 pm

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )