Around Waynos house

DRIVEN

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Always a good sign when the doctor asks your opinion. Send him a bill as a comsulting physician.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm

:lol:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 pm

How goes the healing?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm

I think I will work tomorrow, I figured out if I put a band-aid over the two holes in my foot my sock and shoe don't rip the scab off. :lol:
My limping started causing me pain in my calves and back, the swelling went down and now I am not limping and I feel better.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 am

At least you're feeling better. I don't understand why still bleeds, maybe you got close to a vein or something.

My uncle peeled back his fingertips one time with a car washing wand at the car wash trying to wash his hands, he was a dumbass though.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 am

Taterhead wrote:At least you're feeling better. I don't understand why still bleeds, maybe you got close to a vein or something.

My uncle peeled back his fingertips one time with a car washing wand at the car wash trying to wash his hands, he was a dumbass though.
I suspect that it has to do with where the holes were and the swelling I had, pressure from walking on my swollen foot made the two wounds which are basically one long wound weep/bleed some color fluid, it is not like that now, the wound has closed and 96 percent pf the swelling is gone.

I am beck to working weather permitting, I do mostly roof blow offs with my air blower and I then clean out the gutters right now, but if the gutters are frozen I cannot clean them out, today my job will start at maybe noon as it was 31 degrees out a half hour ago, it was 29 degrees last night, it was 25 degrees the night before, there was still ice/frozen debris in gutters at 3pm yesterday and it gets dark at 4pm.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 pm

My pond pump was pulled apart and one piece was completely out of the pond on the ground, what's confusing about that is it's not a part that would blow off, it has water sucking into it, yet it was one the ground.
So I put it back together and everything works fine, so it was bugging me all day, all of a sudden I decided to count fish, I believe 2 are missing, my large butterfly is gone and another one is gone, I had 12 large fish, now i have 10 fish, if only one was missing I would blame Raccoons, but 2 are missing and I have not seen any Raccoons around for a while now.
That piece of pipe on the ground bugs me, if someone grabbed it to get the pump out of the way I can see how it got where it was as when they grabbed it it came out of where it is connected, as it is removable to clean, that is the only thing that makes sense to me, someone stole a couple of my fish.
I looked around for scales on the ground which is what happens when a fish is dragged on the ground as there was a trail a few years ago when I lost another fish(one fish), I followed the trail of scales till I found what was left of it, but so far I have not found any trails.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Is that a common problem?

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 pm

The fish are so big it is hard to drag one out of there, but that fish that I found years ago by following the trail of scales was a stupid fish, at night it would go this one spot on the side of the pond and stay there all night, all the raccoon had to do was catch it and drag it over the edge, once on the lawn it was over with, it was a huge fish.
This time was different, I cannot find any scales on the ground, the water system was ripped apart and one piece was on the ground, I just don't see how that piece could get on the ground out of the pond unless someone grabbed it to get it out of the way to catch a fish, and I am missing 2 fish, one fish could be the raccoons, 2 fish I doubt is the raccoons.
The raccoons can only fish from the side as the sides of the pond are straight up and down if not under cut a little in the front, they like to wade when they fish, I put a functioning motion light up today, if the light comes on and I wake up I will take a look out the window.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:20 am

That's weird. Two of my former coworkers had ponds and fish. They were constantly battling raccoons and they had some pretty gory solutions. They never had a theft or vandalism issue but their ponds were both in fenced back yards where yours is visible from the street.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 am

Actually most don't know there is a pond with fish there, they just see the landscaping/water wheel.
As far as I know the light I installed never came on last night, I didn't sleep very well last night, I am still tired, but I have to do a job and a bid today.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Well I found scales today of one of the missing fish, so it must have been a raccoon that got that one, I don't have a clue where the other fish went, likely the raccoon got one earlier but didn't mess up the water system like it did this last time.
I don't know what I am going to do right now, I would trap the damned thing but I have too many cats and they would likely get trapped before the raccoons and possums, I suppose I am going to have to get some kind of gun to shoot out my window at night that will either kill the critters or at least make them decide it is time to move on, but it cannot be a gun that makes noise, as I do not need the cops here.
Maybe I can install an electric fence of some type in that area.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 pm

So every other day I have been finding the pond water system torn apart, so today I remembered I had replaced the side gate with a new gate earlier this year, but I didn't tear apart the old gate, so I took that gate and I laid it over the end of the pond to give the fish a place to hide.
Now I just figured that the raccoons would just sit on the edge of the gate and fish, so I took some wire mesh and put it on the only edge over the water, the rhododendron limbs hold it in place and it gives the raccoons nowhere to stand to fish, at least I don't think they have a place other than the edge of the pond.
You must understand that I believe the raccoons have been using the water system to stand on to get them out over the water farther where they can reach the fish better, and it appears that at some point they put too much weight on the pipes, or they put too much side pressure on the pipes and they move and come apart.
Another thing they appear to stand on is the wire mesh I use to keep the big debris out of the water intake, this is likely when they go in the water, and if it moves sideways the water system can come apart also, my pipes are not cemented together and they have not ever been cemented together, I need to take it apart every once in a while for one reason or another, so they are not glued, it always comes apart in the same spot, where the pipe makes a 90 degree downward turn into the water, so far the pump falls on it's side and water is squirted sideways or up some direction, so far it has not squirted out of the pond when it comes apart, this has happen more times in the last week that it has happened in the last several years.
Another reason for the gate as a cover is if these raccoons don't leave I am going to get the strongest pellet gun I can find and I am going to start shooting them, the gate being used as a cover will keep the pellets from hitting the pond liner if I miss what I am trying to aim at.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm told that raccoons are slow learners. Hopefully the pellet gun works. My buddies were using compound bows, suppressed .22s, spring traps and pitchforks.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 pm

I threw a 2X4 scrap piece at one once and hit it in the head, I thought I killed it and went to get a shovel, by the time I got back they were all gone including the one I apparently only knocked out, the next day the neighbor said the whole family of Raccoons was seen walking down the street, they moved away and I was left in peace to sleep after that night.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 am

Well I only made it 2 weeks trying to take that Red Rice Yeast Extract(low dose statin) again, my knees hurt the worst, I also seem to get to where I have to post my opinion on certain things when normally I just shake my head and move on to another thread.
I am pretty sure my Cholesterol is really high, likely around 300 or more.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

So I built this to pick up dually rear ends with the tractor and it will not lift it, that is a couple hours I will never get back.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:33 am

Time to turn it into something else.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm

They were just saying a couple weeks ago how we were done with the chance of snow, and now it is snowing outside.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Cool effect. Looks like stars.