Braap

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: Braap

Post by izzo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:58 am

Taterhead » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 am wrote:Even with all the bullshit I'm willing to bet you enjoyed the whole time out there. Looks like fun.

You're god damn right tater! Hahaha. you didn't ride hard enough if you didn't break some shit! Ordering up a new intake, a couple jets today. Gonna re-jet it with a bigger main since i cut the air box open for more air, and also remove the spark arrestor for more flow. 145 is stock. gonna go with a 150. RMATV only sells them in increments of 5. so 135 140 145 150 etc. So I am going up to a 150 and seeing how that does. If I need I can look around on the net and get a 147.5 or 152.5. It's just a mikuni carb on this so there are shit available. I also noticed the accell pump spring is super super super puny in these things. I replaced it with a clicky pen spring. its same size but 4x stronger. There was also a gap in the throttle linkage. so the accell pump wasn't getting it at the right time. Looked around on the net and its common. Solution? Take a tire valve cap and stuff it on the accell pump. removes the gap and stays on even in rough riding. Haha. Just waiting on my new intake to arrive so i can jet it, and take it for a spin.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Sure was a fun muddy ride over at browns camp today! Warrior did great! Went up some nasty shit with out a problem. Went with two buddies they were both on dirt bikes. One of them ate shit a few times. His battery died, he had a hell of a time kick starting it, and he broke his clutch lever.. His kick start almost came off too. The bike wasn't that old... Didn't seem in that bad of shape. I think he just doesn't ride dirt bikes much.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34 am

Well the warrior is gone

And in it's place... A blaster.

It's a shit deal. Someone's gonna be butthurt here soon. I'll get into that later. Anyways. 2003 blaster in it's place. Motor has to come out, gotta split the cases and put in a new transmission.. Once finished the bike will be a lot faster than the warrior.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:35 pm

izzo wrote:Once finished the bike will be a lot faster than the warrior.
Because Two Stroke ... right on, it should be a BLAST

What's next after the Blaster, a Banshee or a Quadzilla?

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:56 pm

K_trip » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:35 pm wrote:
izzo wrote:Once finished the bike will be a lot faster than the warrior.
Because Two Stroke ... right on, it should be a BLAST

What's next after the Blaster, a Banshee or a Quadzilla?

Eh.. Banshees are fast, but just not into them. I see these 10k dollar bikes with stock suspension and just lulz. I want something with decent handling as well as fast.

I'm thinking the perfect bike with be an LTZ/KFX400. Probably going with the LTZ even tho they are the same bikes. They can be had around the 2500 dollar mark with aftermarket parts, recent rebuild this or that and accessories. They are plenty quick. Aftermarket parts galore. Probably get in the 2008 ish year range. I think in 08 they went to FI.

I have thought about getting a 450R. but those bikes are super fast and snappy. May get hurt easily on those. So thinking a 400 for a few years, then maybe go up to a 450.

EEEEEEEEEEEW
Before

Some dollar store "LA's Totally awesome" and a 50 cent paint brush... 5-10 minutes of dabbing/brushing and...
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:51 pm

I was thinking carb dip... but dayamn nice work. I'm going to have to get some of that stuff.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:31 pm

the dollar store stuff is amazing.

I'd use carb dip to get varnish off the inside tho. however, this one is actually pretty clean inside.

Ill go take pics of the bike real quick. This is what it looked like....

(This is a stock photo of a blaster)

This is what it looks like currently lol. I just have one bolt to pull out and then the motor will come out. I just ordered a complete used trans off a guy on the east coast, who's reputable. 40 bucks shipped. What a deal! Gears, rods, forks, shifting drum etc. I just need some gaskets, oil seal kit, some Three Bond 1194 for the case sealant. Oh and a clutch basket...

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Moar pics later

My transmission arrived sunday. I had the motor out and on my work bench. It shifted in all gears... IDK wtf. So, I almost am finished putting the engine back in. Just need to take the effing clutch back off cuz I forgot to bend the washer over the nut :| Then hook up the exhaust and give the ol 2 stroke can a quick shake n throw some gas in it. Gonna fire it up, let it run... Throw it on jack stands and kick it in gear. Let it run a few... Brappin the throttle, then dump the trans out again. Give it a quick flush. There is nothing I can see in there... Nothing.. I didn't split the cases, but there's not chunks of anything in there. No nothing... I don't see why it wouldn't shift. It was the first time it had ever done that. Since nothing came out.. My thoughts are, something was jammed in the shift drum. Again, no grit or pieces came out in any of the fluid I put in on the bench and dumped out. I sifted thru it... Dipped my fingers right in the bottom of the fluid in teh bowl and felt around. NOTHING.

Thought 2. It had been setting a while. And was kinda low on fluid. Pretty damn low actually. There are rods for the shift forks to slide back and forth on. Thinking maybe a little corosion or rust built up on it, and was making it drag or catching instead of sliding across the rod. See pic of this trans for reference. It was probably cocking the fork sideways making it hang on the bar. It was super fucking low on trans fluid. Couldn't see it in the window.

See rod on the left in the pic. A well known engine builder polishes those for free when he rebuilds the blaster motors for customers. creates easier shifting.

Oh and i washed the frame

And cat in a box.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 am

It's cleaning up nicely!

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks man. Check this out! haha.

Left to do list

Tighten Swing arm bolt
Tighten axle nuts
Add more trans fluid. I added some, ran it, and it showed low. But it's not burning it, it was just completely empty. So it takes a little to get her back up to ideal.

That's it really for just getting it back together. Am going to run over it with sockets and make sure everythings snug.

After that I have a list of shit imma do.

Open air box
Toomey pipe
Jets R US jetting kit since I'm opening it up
Buy some banshee/warrior rear hubs (Demon, do you have a set?) and install them so I can run a NORMAL lug pattern. The hubs all swap. But the blaster lug pattern is 4/100. Theres only like 4 quads int he world that run that. WTF! So swapping the hubs will get me 4/115 which is a very common yamaha one and lots of options then. The front hubs are normal lug pattern for front wheels. IDK why yamerha did that :|
Two round LED lights to mount where the front fenders used to.
Longer swing arm
Throw my sand tires on
Paint A arms black

I would like some aftermarket heel guards, the stockers sucked... Annnnd. I went and done did it.... I cut the plastics today... I like it! Also peeled some trashed stock decals off since they were ugly and torn up. She's pretty clean. the engine needs painted, but I am not tearing the engine apart JUST to paint it. So that will wait till it needs a new top end. Probably end of next summer (who am i kidding it'll probably be traded for a dildocopter by then)

Pics!!
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Well I've had it out a few times lately. Gonna go out again sunday i think. She does great. needs a few little things. Ordering them up soon, i think. IDK. All motivation has left to do anything these days. IDK wtf is going on anymore lol.

Pics
The pics of the welds, is the flag mount I cut to move so I could use the silencer (it's meant for another bike, not this one). You can see the large ugly weld. I didn't have the heat up, kept moving it up 1 click at a time, but by that time the ugly welds were already in place. So oh well. The cleaner weld, is when I figured out what to run it at lol

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Quick, sell it before something breaks!
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:58 am

^^^ This guy :rofl: :rofl:
You're probably right tho haha
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:41 pm

So the blaster is gone. The integra is here. Shit, no bike.

Scratch that. A bike wildly appears! haha.

Meet the LT250R!! 1985 with title. Frame slightly modified to fit an 87 motor so it has the power valve. Brap. Motor rebuilt by LRD performance. Mega compression. Dude wasn't quite honest when he sold it to me. For the motor being rebuilt, the three exhaust holes are stripped out. I had to do a little work to them. I will drill them out and re-tap them once I have to pull the jug off. He said it was fine, and just needed ridden. Well, I turned the gas on and it dumped out the overflow, and into the cylinder. So off came the carb and I re-set the floats. It was off on one side. No more of that shit. So I fire it up, let it run. and I see something dripping on the ground. Fuck. well, the water pump seal has blown out inside the clutch cover.... I messaged the guy I got the bike from and told him what a dick he was for not being up front. I probably would have got it still, but that is complete bullshit. No response from him, not surprised either.

So I just installed a new oil seal for the water pump, new mechanical seal. Now to throw it back together and test it, see what happens. Hoping it's fixed. 50 bucks for 4 OEM gaskets aint cheap. Gonna be working 6 days a week for a while now, so time will not be something I have much of.

Blah blah, chicks love the D, blah blah datsun... Pictures. They aren't in order, probably best to goto the bottom and scroll up haha. I also spent some time polishing the wheels.

I should mention it came with 400 dollars worth of dirt tires, over 400 worth of a full set of sand tires, and then the ITP rims were a few hundred bucks. Then the bead lock rims were actually custom made. The motor does have a fuck ton of compression, it runs awesome. Just needs a little shit....

Before

After
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:34 pm

These 'Zuki quad's a sooooooo much fun to thrash!

My buddy has a '88 LT250R and stored it at my place for over a year, telling to get out every once in a while - and I did just that. What a blast I had clearing trails with it, roosting crap everywhere, just tearing it up regularly. When he moved to Eugene he took it with him, and I sure miss having it around. You're going to have a lot of fun with this one!

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:07 pm

spent some time on this. Went from awesome to fuck in about 3 seconds.

Head gasket leaks, gotta replace it.

Started by cutting plastics.

Then I cut the metal bars coming out the back and pointing up in the air, they were supports for the rear plastics. Then used a flapper disc to grind it down to smooth.

Then welded on a bolt to mount the muffler.

Finished.

Fired it up and found the head gasket was leaking. Saw exhaust smoke shooting out the side. FUCK. Never ends... Never ends...

Ordered a cometic top end gasket kit, the best other than OEM, actually seems a little better than OEM for the ATV/dirt bike world. Can't say much for their automotive products tho.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 pm

K_trip » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:34 pm wrote:These 'Zuki quad's a sooooooo much fun to thrash!

My buddy has a '88 LT250R and stored it at my place for over a year, telling to get out every once in a while - and I did just that. What a blast I had clearing trails with it, roosting crap everywhere, just tearing it up regularly. When he moved to Eugene he took it with him, and I sure miss having it around. You're going to have a lot of fun with this one!

I remember you mentioning that, and I think i saw a picture or two of it :rofl:

Head gasket kit arrived monday, will start on it soon.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

So.

The water pump leaked. Head gasket installed. No more leaks that I can find. One super small drip from the clutch cover, but I used the gasket that was on there already just to test it vs installing the new gasket yet. Fired it up and ran fine, bogs at WOT, needs a little tune. It should be about cool enough now to go check em.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm

^^^ that and this....

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 pm

with everything going on, i haven't had much time for projects. I did get the bike done. Took it for a spin, did great. went to go for another ride and problems. There is water coming out the weep hole. The impeller shaft sticks out to far, and i need a new washer with rubber on it. so I need to grind down the impeller shaft, buy a new washer with rubber deal in it. Also the exhaust fell out. I need to drill and tap the holes for the exhaust studs, and build a mount for the expansion chamber. I need to bleed the rear brake. It keeps having to be pumped. I hope the master and cylinder is good. If not I will be ordering a rebuild kit I guess.

The honda 250x I have now seems tits. I do need to replace the steering stem bearing, and also rebuild the front brake master as it is all but dead.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )