Braap

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: Braap

Post by izzo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Well. I took it for a rip. Has an issue :(

Got oil coming out the breather. Maybe it's too full. maybe it needs a top end kit.. I dunno if it's to full yet, will check later. There is a little air pressure coming from breather. Didn't seem like more or less when revving it out. Just a constant steady pressure.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 pm

bottom end was full of oil, and gas :| And way more than 2.5 quarts....

So, I know the float needle seat is not sealing all the way, tested it by blowing into the fuel line and closing the float. Maybe it's dumping into the motor, maybe nobody turned off the gas?

Hmm. IDK... Could be rings shot and it's getting in that way. But if the rings were shot, and gas was getting down. Wouldn't oil be burning too? I don't notice excess pressure coming from case breather.. just a normal amount of constant air at what seems like kind of a low rate. not enough to push any fresh oil out that I put in... I reved it out and let it run for 5 minutes on 10-40 regular car oil. then drained. it was kinda runny and black instead of a clean color oil when it went in. Will get a few more quarts of oil tomorrow and run it/drain it and see if it comes out any cleaner..

Any ideas here?
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:38 pm

izzo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 pm wrote:bottom end was full of oil, and gas :| And way more than 2.5 quarts....

So, I know the float needle seat is not sealing all the way, tested it by blowing into the fuel line and closing the float. Maybe it's dumping into the motor, maybe nobody turned off the gas?

Hmm. IDK... Could be rings shot and it's getting in that way. But if the rings were shot, and gas was getting down. Wouldn't oil be burning too? I don't notice excess pressure coming from case breather.. just a normal amount of constant air at what seems like kind of a low rate. not enough to push any fresh oil out that I put in... I reved it out and let it run for 5 minutes on 10-40 regular car oil. then drained. it was kinda runny and black instead of a clean color oil when it went in. Will get a few more quarts of oil tomorrow and run it/drain it and see if it comes out any cleaner..

Any ideas here?

I have had my pressure washer engine case fill up with fuel when I had to slam on the brakes in my truck, the machine turned onto it side for less than a minute, but it emptied the tank because I forgot to close the fuel valve when done pressure washing.
The float must have gotten itself stuck when on it's side, as I put it upright right away but it still filled the case.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm almost positive it was the needle seat not working right and letting gas drain into the motor. I took it all apart today and cleaned it with Q-Tips and tooth paste. Tooth paste is like 2000 grit. So it polished up the needle seat and innards very nicely. I also put new O-rings on. Seals up very nicely now. I do believe the PO left the gas on and it all drained into the motor. Will consider the motor to be very clean now :rofl:

I threw new oil in it last night. Ran it, drained it. Today I pulled all the plastics off and cleaned them. Put the acid in the new battery and charged it. opened the drain up one more time to let whatever was left in there and had went to the bottom to come out, wasn't much. Then I installed a new oil filter, and fresh oil. 34 dollars a gallon for the oil for this... I could have got away with Non energy conservative oil (its safe for wet clutches). But I chose to use good oil, since I want to keep the quad... And since it had all that shit in there. It deserves some good shit. The oil filter had so much sludge on it. i do believe the battery and the oil filter were original.

I replace the air filter and put new oil on it. i worked on the bike for 10 hours today. tomorrow I am going to install the new clutch cable and adjust it. Then lube all the cables. The last bit I need to do is that, then install a new spark plug. After that.... She's ready to rip!

My buddy has a set of paddle tires on some unilug rims. Gonna see if they fit and if so I will have some sand tires!!! All I need to do is run back over to the motorcycle shop. I forgot to get an offroad sticker... Oops...

Pics, in no particular order...

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 am

izzo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 pm wrote:...since I want to keep the quad...[/url]
Not likely. :D
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:43 pm

DRIVEN » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 am wrote:
izzo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 pm wrote:...since I want to keep the quad...[/url]
Not likely. :D

Eh, who knows. Probably not. hope I keep it tho. Lot of work in this fucker already.

Some before shots... I have put in a fuck ton of work, sanding, cleaning, flushing, tuning, rebuilding, more cleaning, filters, plug, etc etc...

Anyways. Before shots.

And some after shots. I'm done with it now. Just need to go fill her up with some premium and go ride!

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:25 am

Wow! What an improvement. Looks great.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 am

Thanks man. put in a bit of work on cosmetics on this one. Usually I just wash them haha. But i like clean machines!

Once I give her a few rips on the trails or what not and make sure its sound mechanically. I can work on other stuff. I'm hoping to throw some banshee shocks on the front as they are a direct swap/fit. and maybe some nicer rims/tires. Then I'll go from there.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:06 am

That thing is looking really nice. Good work man!

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks!

My back says fuck you in the face (from leaning forward for hours ahaha)

Now if only I had a 750 nighthawk in the garage....
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

draker
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door

Post by draker » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:17 pm

izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:Thanks!

$400 takes it. I will load it up in your truck. lol

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:20 pm

izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 am wrote:Thanks!

:fry:
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:42 pm

draker » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm wrote:
izzo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:Thanks!

$400 takes it. I will load it up in your truck. lol

Can you put it behind your house with a tarp over it and gimmy 2 months time to rally up the dollas? lol
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

draker
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door

Post by draker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 am

Already done. That's the problem.. haha

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:52 pm

I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. I ran the tires down to about a half lb of pressure. I really need some sand paddles. But I was able to second gear and pin it for the most part up the hills. On flat ground I could be 5th and tapped wide open... I couldn't make it out the steep part of the bowl. I also couldn't do any tree shots. Ah well. about 6 hours of riding today. Burned thru 3-4 gallons of premium on the bike. still has some left in it. I think if I didn't have to second gear pin it for take offs and such it wouldn't be so bad.

I do believe the clutch is going out. It's right at the tip and adjusted all the way out on the cable. I will get one of those on order. On with the pics...

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:27 pm

WOW - What an improvement with the plastics!

Nice work, and it looks like you're having a lot of fun with it.
That's a great way to see a return on your investment - IMHO

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:40 pm

For sure man. I'm into this from start to finish a grand total of 254 bucks.

Today I flushed the brake systems. The brake fluid had turned into a black syrup. super sticky. Almost had a jizz like feature to it. Gross. I dropped the calipers and let them hang. then reached over and pumped the brake handle and opened/closed them like you would a car. Took a long while to do by myself. But Fill, bleed, bleed bleed, fill bleed bleed bleed. Rinse and repeat. Once good new liquid came out, i closed it up. hit the whole caliper with degreaser and washed it off. Checked all the seals. They look ok. Ball joints and what not look ok too. No rips or what not in the rubber. Still nice and tight.

Did the same with the rear. Good to go! I want to throw a new clutch kit on it. I checked the oil and it was a little bit low. I didn't run it after I changed the filter and put some oil in it last time. Will see what it reads next time I go for a ride and come back. Didn't see a lick of smoke all day and it was fucking hot. I could smell that motor burning off the original paint :rofl: First time I think that thing has ever been ran hard like that.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 am

The more you ride this the more you'll wanna keep it probably. I have a 2000 Polaris trailboss 325 that I got back in '02. Thing is a death trap; loud as fuck, brakes don't work for shit, rear shock is shot, etc etc but I love cranking it up and running it around the yard & up the road and back. Always brings a smile to my face. And I still don't want to part with it.

I'm a shitty owner for it. I really should do alot more maintenance on it than I do. But the damn thing keeps on going.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:37 pm

What do you guys know about the Yamaha Big Wheel?

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:46 am

Lol. bastard child. I don't think they were made for too long. I've never had one. But I'd ride the shit out of one. They have big fat wheels. Makes it kind of easier to treck thru shit... not much for cornering. But if you had the right sprockets on it you could drag a full size elk out with dem tires lol. Maybe no high speed corners. but you could still mash thru shit nice. I bet you could run this thru brush with ease and make trails. Also.. This thing would be easier to balance and mash around on mountain sides or rocks?

I think it would be ok for cruising thru the trails.. Or smashing some paddle tires on it and riding it. The big fat tires on the sand would probably make it easier to ride than a dirt bike. I wouldn't ride a dirt bike on the sand. It's kind of a pain in the ass.

Edit

Tho that looks like a standard yamaha motor. I'm guessing it is the same motor that was on their XT or TW bikes. TW200 maybe. or XT200. Probably the same exact engine. Newer than early 80s as it has electric start, so guessing TW model. It was a road bike. I'm sure engine parts are plentiful. Along with bearings. I think certain things will be a bit of a pain to find tho. Front forks, rear swing arm itself. Brake calipers maybe? IDK for sure.

RMATV has a parts fische you can part reference and find parts online still, then if you type the part number into Partzilla.com you can see what all they used that part on. Helps a bunch.

Here;s an 87 big wheel

Here's an 03 TW200. Very identical. Maybe a few things won't fit... maybe... stator maybe? IDK. the 87 should be electric.. they did away with points before that... You'd have to look and see what parts swap but it looks damn near the same engine wise and a few other things...

an 05

this is an 88 tw200. Looks like all they have changed is cosmetics over the years. different kick lever... different plastics etc? IDK i'm not looking very hard.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )