Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 pm

With a meteor coming straight at me, it is actually the street light across the street.
I didn't want to go out in the snow so I took the photo from under the eve of my house with the door light in back of me, also the flash worked, the camera has a mind of its own, sometimes it drives me crazy, especially the focus when taking close photos.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:46 pm

So far I have around 1 1/2 inches on my truck tops/hoods, it appears to have stopped for now, I went out and cleared the windshields of the work trucks and 520, as they are the ones that will start easily, actually the work truck is the only one I would attempt to drive in this crap.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:17 pm

I have gotten a lot done around here lately, I fixed my original concrete cleaner, I rebuilt the center section that rotates and it doesn't leak anymore.
Today I took my blue Air Jack valve apart, it had a leak and when the hose was connected to it it would slowly rise, if I took it up to the level I wanted and removed the hose it would leak down, it just wasn't all that usable, I took the valve apart and replaced the "O" ring and it changed nothing, so I looked closer and realized it had another piece of rubber(washer type "O" ring) that wasn't sealing, so I pulled that apart and flipped that piece backwards, put it back together and all id good with it now.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 pm

I made myself an alternator tester today, I used an old Magna band saw base without removing the bandsaw.
I made the main positive and negative wires then I used a "T" plug to supply 12V power to the top connection, and I used a light going to the lower connection using the same 12V I used to supply power to the upper connection, I connected the main wires to a battery(neg/pos) and then I connected the other clip to positive and the light came on, I test the voltage of the battery(12.45) then I turned the motor on and the light went out and it tested just over 14V so that alternator is good, the first one was bad so I did the next one in the photos below to make sure it was working and it was.
The photos below are of it not running nor is it completely wired yet.

Not running and the light is on.

I am happy I did this, it is going to be nice to reduce the inventory I have although not all of them are Nissan alternators and I will have to figure out how to wire them, I have found one bad one already.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 am

I really like that. Practical tools for the guy with a shed full of alternators.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:41 pm

DRIVEN wrote:I really like that. Practical tools for the guy with a shed full of alternators.
It's not full of alternators, there are a bunch of starters in the same container. :lol:

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:53 pm

:rofl:
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

I liked reading the last few pages of this thread again about the snow flakes. :lol:
So I went to the Home Depot on 83rd st to get more of them lights, but they didn't have any in stock when I asked about them, but the guy said they had 10 of them at the Jantzen Beach store so off I went, I got there and bought all of them they had(7 of them) as they were cheap and put out a lot if light, unfortunately they are disposable lights I believe, but they will likely outlast me, I bought a bunch of other light bulb type lights also, just over $140.00 worth of lights, my Kitchen is going to be bright again as half of the 6 lights don't work anymore.
Anyway when I came out of the store and as I was walking to my truck a passenger jet passed by really low, I looked at this thing and said out loud that it was going to hit the ground, what you need to understand is that I totally forgot where I was, in my head I was at the 83rd and Anderson store in Vancouver WA, I stood there for a minute maybe listening for a crash, I didn't hear anything and decided that it still likely could have gotten 5 miles before hitting the ground north of Battleground, I likely would not hear it from here so I went to my truck, loaded it with all the lights, and thought I will hear it on the news when I get home.
I started the truck and backed out of the spot I was in and was totally lost on how to get out, north, south, east, and west were lost to me, it finally came back to me where I was, and that plane was landing at the Portland airport, that made me happy.
It started raining while I was leaving that lot, on the north bound on-ramp to I5/bridge which is slightly up hill I could not get traction, I have an LSD under this 521 kingcab truck, the roads are so oily I could not keep the back end of the truck straight anywhere where I had to stop and get it going again making a turn going slightly up hill, it's kinda a pain having an LSD in this truck, and it has 3.50 freeway type gears.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:25 pm

I spent the whole day replacing this tarp on the side of my house, I should be good for another 3/4 years.
The wind blew hard all day, it was kinda a pain some times, but I got it done.
That is a metal cap on the top of the fence on the right, I did it this way to try and keep the fence dry when it rains, before the rain water just poured down the fence, this is my 3rd tarp.

This is how it used to be, the tarp going down the side of the fence.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:21 pm

So today I decided to use some more stuff stored around here, when I replaced the fence boards in the back a few days before my heart attack I saved the old ones as kindling to start fires, so I still had a bunch of them leaning against the house.
This is how I normally put fences together, alternating boards.

So I took all them boards and I put them in the spaces between the boards and now I have this.

I decided to make this area cat proof where the cats cannot get in that area anymore, then when I park a vehicle in there I will not have cat prints on everything and it will not smell from cat piss either.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

The pavers or whatever that is on the ground was a good idea for keeping that area clean and tidy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Taterhead wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am
The pavers or whatever that is on the ground was a good idea for keeping that area clean and tidy.
I did that for a couple reasons, I have Rain Handler gutter-less gutters on that side of the house and if I ever removed the tarp roof the rain coming off the roof would not wash the soil away, the other reason was when I drive a vehicle thru there it would not slide around and damage the vehicle.
I also can lay on the ground there and not get wet, but the pea gravel between the pavers comes out of the gaps and grinds into my back/elbows/knees sometimes, and your right, when I empty it out to drive a vehicle thru I can use my blower and blow it out.
It's not very wide in there, the front is 90 inches and the back is 78 inches, a 320 will barely fit in there with just enough room for me to squeeze buy, it's not really a good place to park a vehicle, but it works if I need a place for a 320, I cannot get wood into the shed if a vehicle is parked in there and there is not enough room to work on one in there either, it is where I put my lawn mowers, vehicle hoists, garbage cans, anything that needs a dry place that is not bolted down in case I need to park a 320 in there.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Well the side is cat proof now, they cannot get in there anymore as I now have gates at both ends, it is supposed to rain tomorrow and I will see how water proof it is.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:20 pm

I put up lights today, I even made my own tree with green lights then put multi-color lights on it.

Here is without the flash.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm

I add a few more lights everyday, I have the time so why not.

I will not likely be adding anymore lights on the house, but I have the pond water tower, water wheel structure, and the water wheel to do if the battery operated lights still work, I also need more extension cords, I keep coming up with easier ways to do things, every few years I go overboard on lights, I guess this is one of them years.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:03 am

Lights are always nice to see. But I live on a not well traveled road, and the roof is very steep.

Everything looks nice from here.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:05 pm

I live on a dead end road, but we do have folks trying to get to the neighborhood west of us using our road.
I am almost done with lights, maybe a line around the window in the front middle of the house behind my tree I made.
That water wheel has lights on it and it turns, but my camera does not do videos which surprised me as I thought it did, my old cheaper camera did them.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:12 pm

I took a photo of some of my photos of the motorcycle I built back in 1980/81 that I rode year round except in ice/snow from 1981 to 1984.

In ice/snow I drove one of these vehicles, my 1962 or 63 Ford Falcon, my 1968 Chevelle, or my 1971 LTD, by the way that last photo is my Kawasaki KH400 motorcycle I bought off the showroom floor when i was a kid, the only new vehicle I have ever bought in my life.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm

That chopper is pretty much perfect.
What was the story on the Chevelle?

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 pm

DRIVEN wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm
That chopper is pretty much perfect.
What was the story on the Chevelle?
Well I had that 65 Nova that was falling apart body structure wise, so I bought that 68 Chevelle without an engine and put my engine from the Nova in it, and a guy I knew took the Nova body away.
I drove that Chevelle a lot at first but then built the Hardly, that is what I called the motorcycle in my last post as it was hardly a Honda, and it was hardly a Harley, so the Chevelle sat around most the time, then one winter I hopped into it and was going to someplace in Portland, I was in a hurry, just before hitting the I5 on ramp onto the interstate bridge, I let off the gas and passed 3 cars likely doing a 100mph plus, well the middle car was a state police vehicle, I acted like I didn't see him and got on the bridge, I was way ahead of him and there was a lot of traffic, I crossed the bridge did a U-turn went back across the bridge and drove home and parked it, I never drove it again and sold it a couple months later.
I was so lucky that I didn't get hauled off that time, I was amazed he didn't get my plate, but I went past them really fast, I did a lot of stuff I should have been hauled off for doing back then.