WTB: 510 Choke Cable

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

WTB: 510 Choke Cable

Post by K_trip » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 am

I lost the last inch or so on my choke cable, I could see it wasn't going to last after I rebuilt the carb. I looked around, but there isn't much available. I coughed-up the money for a pricey unit, only to have them refund me the money due to some "conflct". That sucks, after all, it took them a while to process my order and get me shipping information. You would think that would be the time to tell me they don't have it in stock. Oh well, life goes on...
Hi Jeff

Due to conflicting orders in the last few days I have run out of
510IT24 (100g) DATSUN 510 CHOKE CABLE & KNOB
i have refunded your pay-pal payment

I apologize for my short fall.
Cordially,
http://www.new-datsun-parts.com Image
I'm sure someone has done a motor swap, and no longer needs their stock choke cable. If this doesn't pan out, there's a shop near me that makes custom cables for bikes - I'm sure they can make a new one from my old one. Meanwhile, I have to pump it to start it and wait for it to warm up. So I can still drive it, but I really need a choke cable. :cry:

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Re: WTB: 510 Choke Cable

Post by Laecaon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:52 am

Maybe... I dont remember, which is usually a bad sign.

Adjust the carb a tad richer. should help with cold start.

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Re: WTB: 510 Choke Cable

Post by K_trip » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks! An original one is preferred.
Laecaon wrote:Adjust the carb a tad richer. should help with cold start.
Fortunately it's spring and it has been in the 50's in the morning. Two pumps work most of the time, later in the day it's not an issue. I'll have to check, maybe my carb is already a little rich??? :rofl:

I had lunch with my sister in-law yesterday, and I told her about my latest car promblems. She asked, "What's a choke?" I told her it's an old car thing, modern cars have computers for all that sort of stuff. It didn't answer her question, really, but she wouldn't have understood anyway. It was much eaiser to cut to the chase and let her know it wouldn't happen to her car - which is a Nissan Sentra. ;)